Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Pictures from week 1!

So, I had like 15 pictures uploaded, but the internet connection decided to die right after I spent an hour waiting for the pictures to load. I am really sad about that. When I get the patience again, I will try and load them again. IT just takes forever because the internet is so dang slow. We have a saying here to help us when things go wrong, because it seems to happen a lot here. That is "T.I.A." (This is Africa) Meaning, embrace the problems and realize that you are in Africa. Things are bound to go wrong. So, to my picture uploading, I say T.I.A!!!!                                              
Children playing outside of the house right in front of the house I was staying in with Dr. Amartey
My bedroom at Dr. Amartey's house     



2 comments:

  1. your room looks nice - am I to assume that there are screens on the windows, or is this a part of Africa that is not plagued with mosquitoes? keep smiling - TIA :-}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Marinda! Sounds like your first week was very eventful! Can't wait to see the rest of the pictures!!!

    ReplyDelete